We have an important role. We help to protect the public by improving the regulation and registration of people working in health and care. Our organisation is independent and is accountable to the UK Parliament.
There are three main areas to our work. We oversee 10 regulators of health and care professionals like doctors and nurses. We also set standards for and accredit registers of people working in unregulated health and care occupations. We provide policy advice to Ministers and others and carry out our own policy and research projects. Our role includes exercising our statutory power to refer to Court certain decisions made by the fitness to practise panels of the 10 regulators we oversee.
The benefits of working with us
- Working hours - most posts are 37 hours a week and we offer flexi-time
- Annual leave - we offer 32.5 days leave a year in addition to bank holidays
- Pensions - our employees may join the NEST (National Employment Savings Trust) pension
- Interest free season ticket loan
- We are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme 365 days of the year 24 hours
- We are a Mindful Charter employer
- London Healthy Workplace Foundation level accreditation
- Disability Confident Committed Level 2 member
We currently have no roles working with us, but keep an eye out on our social media channels for all our latest positions.