We have an important role. We help to protect the public by improving the regulation and registration of people working in health and care. Our organisation is independent and is accountable to the UK Parliament.
There are three main areas to our work. We oversee nine regulators of health and care professionals like doctors and nurses. We also set standards for and accredit registers of people working in unregulated health and care occupations. We provide policy advice to Ministers and others and carry out our own policy and research projects. Our role includes exercising our statutory power to refer to Court certain decisions made by the fitness to practise panels of the nine regulators we oversee.
The benefits of working with us
- Working hours - most posts are 37 hours a week and we offer flexi-time
- Annual leave - we offer 30 days leave a year in addition to bank holidays
- Pensions - our employees may join the NHS pension scheme
- Subsidised gym and a staff restaurant - on the premises
- We are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace
- There is some opportunity for overseas travel.
ICT Manager/Scrutiny Officers x 2
We are currently recruiting an ICT Manager to join our Governance and Operations Directorate. Find out more here
We are also looking for two Scrutiny Officers (one permanent and one for a nine-month contract). Find out more here