Strategic objectives 2021/22
You can read our full business plan for 2021/22 or see a summary of our strategic objectives below. Read our business plan in English or Welsh.
The Authority’s corporate strategic objectives are agreed by our Board and are set out below:
Strategic aim 1
To protect the public by delivering highly effective oversight of regulation and registration:
- To deliver our statutory duties, targeting our resources where there is greatest risk to the public.
- To be transparent in our decision-making and reporting, recognising those who are committed to achieving high standards and being rigorous, clear and fair when reporting non-compliance with our standards.
- To support high standards in health and social care regulation and registration through the effective use of information, data and intelligence.
- To lead the development of more effective regulation through research, commissioned work, policy advice and the use of our right-touch assurance model; and by shaping regulatory reform.
Strategic aim 2
To ensure an effective and coherent approach to protecting the public from harm by promoting and facilitating cooperation and collaboration between regulators:
- To maintain strong relationships with statutory regulators, organisation with accredited registers and other stakeholders to improve standards in professional practice.
- To work collaboratively with professional and system regulators in health and social care to better protect the public.
- To ensure that the accredited registers programme and other forms of assurance in health and social care complement statutory regulation to provide a coherent approach to safe care.
- To extend collaboration beyond professional and system regulators to include employers, representative bodies, patients and the public.
Strategic aim 3
To ensure the Authority is well led, with a clear focus on quality improvement, effective financial management, equality and diversity, and investment in our people.
- To promote and monitor equality, diversity and inclusion within the Authority and in those we oversee.
- To maintain and improve cost-effectiveness and quality by systematically reviewing systems, processes and procedures and by working with others.
- To retain and develop our staff and to maintain a positive working culture.
- To improve expertise and support delivery through high quality learning and development.