British Acupuncture Council
Visit website: http://www.acupuncture.org.uk
The British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) is a self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture in the UK.
The Accreditation Panel provided the following Conditions to be implemented by the time-frame where specified:
1. BAcC must review its complaints handling practices to:
Check the register
- ensure that communications to those involved in complaints convey an appropriate tone, are candid and provide the same level of information to all parties
- clarify the outcomes its complaints committees can issue, including the criteria for each, and including where committees can use their discretion to implement alternative methods of resolution
- ensure that decisions made by Investigating Committees are properly recorded and include the reasoning for their outcomes
- ensure that composition of its complaints panels assure patient protection and assure that real or perceived conflicts of interest are managed appropriately.