Professional Standards Authority Annual Report and Accounts 2020/21
30 Jun 2021
Reports to Parliament
We have published our annual report and accounts for 2020/21
There is no doubt that this has been a difficult and challenging year and our working conditions continue to be dictated by the pandemic.
Despite this we have been able to not only continue with business as usual, but 2020/21 has been a very productive year. Key highlights of the year include:
- A full year of working with our new Standards of Good Regulation
- A consultation on how we approach our performance reviews
- A strategic review of the Accredited Registers programme, including carrying out a consultation - garnering almost 100 responses
- Producing guidance for virtual fitness to practise hearings
- Checking 2,018 final fitness to practise decisions and going on to appeal 11 of them
- Carrying out our Covid-19 learning review (published in April 2021)
- Publishing two research reports and commissioning three further reports (published in early 2021/22)
- Preparing our response to the Government's consultation on reforming regulation which was published towards the end of 2020/21.