British Acupuncture Council
Visit website: http://www.acupuncture.org.uk
The British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) is a self-regulatory body for the practice of traditional acupuncture in the UK.
The Accreditation Panel provided the following Conditions to be implemented by the time-frame where specified:
1. BAcC must review its complaints handling practices to:
- ensure that communications to those involved in complaints convey an appropriate tone, are candid and provide the same level of information to all parties
- clarify the outcomes its complaints committees can issue, including the criteria for each, and including where committees can use their discretion to implement alternative methods of resolution
- ensure that decisions made by Investigating Committees are properly recorded and include the reasoning for their outcomes
- ensure that composition of its complaints panels assure patient protection and assure that real or perceived conflicts of interest are managed appropriately.
2. BAcC must demonstrate to the Authority that these issues will be managed effectively to avoid repetition until formally addressed within the revised Code of Disciplinary Procedures. This assurance is to be provided within 4 weeks.
Check the register
14 March 2017 - 14 March 2018