We set standards for organisations that register people who work in health and social care and award a quality mark.
The Accredited Registers quality mark shows that an organisation is committed to protecting the public and is working to good practice.
Organisations must meet ALL of our standards to be able to demonstrate that they uphold these principles and meet the quality mark requirements.
Our Standards are central to every health and social care organisation we accredit. They are:
- Hold a voluntary register of health and care practitioners
- Be committed to protecting the public
- Understand, monitor and control risks
- Be financially sound
- Inspire public confidence
- Develop your knowledge
- Provide strong and effective governance
- Set good standards for practitioners on your register
- Ensure appropriate education and training for practitioners
- Run your register well
- Manage complaints fairly and effectively