The Society of Homeopaths has withdrawn from the Accredited Registers programme, effective as of 23 July 2021.
The Society’s accreditation had been suspended for 12 months on 11 January 2021 after failing to meet Conditions that had been imposed in October 2020.
The Society and its registrants will no longer be able to display our Quality Mark.
Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care
Contact: Christine Braithwaite, Director of Standards and Policy
Notes to the Editor
- The Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care oversees 10 statutory bodies that regulate health and social care professionals in the UK (General Medical Council, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Dental Council, General Pharmaceutical Council, General Optical Council, General Osteopathic Council, General Chiropractic Council, Health and Care Professions Council, Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland and Social Work England).
- We assess their performance and report to Parliament. We also conduct audits and investigations and can appeal fitness to practise cases to the courts if we consider that sanctions are insufficient to protect the public and it is in the public interest.
- We also set standards for organisations holding voluntary registers for health and social care occupations and accredit those that meet them.
- We share good practice and knowledge, conduct research and introduce new ideas to our sector. We monitor policy developments in the UK and internationally and provide advice on issues relating to professional standards in health and social care.
- We do this to promote the health, safety and wellbeing of users of health and social care services and the public. We are an independent body, accountable to the UK Parliament.
- Our values are – integrity, transparency, respect, fairness and teamwork – and we strive to ensure that they are at the core of our work.
- More information about our work and the approach we take is available at www.professionalstandards.org.uk